A white feline appears
from behind a gravestone,
and saunters toward me unafraid.
Affectionately it rubs against my left foot.
It slinks and slithers
between my legs.
It follows
and mews.
lamenting mice lost,
and lecturing on birds found.
Diatribes it speaks to me,
professing it's love for attention.
I pluck it from the blacktop
into the safety of friendly arms.
A white feline purrs
as I scratch it's chin gingerly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Piece
Hot
-
I hope I don’t live to regret having lived. Some things are gonna suck, though, and for a long while, but never so much that “o...
-
Every morning as the sun crests Over the hoity-toity housing up the hill I choke one down. You could set a clock by it. A bitter...
-
A white feline appears from behind a gravestone, and saunters toward me unafraid. Affectionately it rubs against my left foot. It slin...
-
It’s been a week since I gave up smoking, more or less. The occasional bummed smoke snuck through. One while drinking. One while ...
-
Day breaks open over the halls of men. The yolk slowly sags its way down, coating everything the light touches in a thin sheen ...
-
I could wax poetic about the loss of innocence, the awkward-sad tumble into adulthood, beginning at teen-age and tangling up your lim...
-
I'd been awake far too long, but I hopped a train and went for a ride. Making all the stops along the way: A silly game of sp...
No comments:
Post a Comment