Regrets

I hope I don’t live
to regret having lived.
Some things are gonna suck,
though,
and for a long while,
but never so much
that “on” is too far to go.
As it so happens,
(don’t get your hopes up)
once in awhile
shit just comes up exactly that-
Shit.
When you’re up against an army of shitty luck,
things don’t get better or worse-
they implode.
Life’s hard; Get a fucking helmet

I don’t regret living.
As banal and superficially meaningless as that is to say,
I feel it’s an accomplishment.
There’s a never-ending onslaught
of negativity permeating reality,
at least there is from the right
(wrong)
perspective.
Daily,
hourly,
minutely…
ad infinitem.

Regretting the past is cake-
get ahead of the game
and regret what’s yet to come.
It’s gonna be worse.
Take chances on
whatever little things in life
give you shelter-
long shot,
no shot-
it makes no difference.
Just try.
Worst case scenario:

Everything’s still shit.

1 comment:

  1. "Regretting the past is cake-
    get ahead of the game
    and regret what’s yet to come."

    "Take chances on
    whatever little things in life
    give you shelter-
    long shot,
    no shot-
    it makes no difference.
    Just try.
    Worst case scenario:

    Everything’s still shit."

    Oh my gosh, you are so hilariously awesome. I would love to go have coffee with you for hours. You actually remind me so much of my best friend from high school ... another Derek. I could have such a giggle fest with you over your black-sunny disposition. :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Piece

Hot