Two ravens sit atop fence posts in a long, low-hilly field.
Exchanging harsh words, they argue for a little while
about bird-things of little consequence
Two ravens take flight, circling over two hats
worn by two heads, which in turn had bodies stuck under them.
Two grating squawks filled the air
as the two hats (and their heads, etc.) trudged away from one another.
About face to find the other had done the same
Two ravens land on warm-dead corpses,
their dispute now resolved.
Their souls set off on a metaphysical odyssey
Doomed to wander forever on some other plane
while the ravens clean up the skeletons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Piece
Hot
-
Flat, Like a joyless ode. No ups or downs, No peaks and valleys, Just the outstretched blank expanse of human emptiness Onto wh...
-
The white panther pads Alight against the grey of winter Stalking through the cemetery Walking there alongside me The white panth...
-
Here’s the thing, I know we haven’t done this before, or at least in a while. But fuck it, it’s worth a shot. We’re supposed to l...
-
It's been a while since I felt something for you other than contempt. I wish it wasn't this way. I wish we'd kept in touch....
-
As I reach the bottom of a yet another cup of yesterday's coffee, I begin to quiver like a drawn arrow. All atwitter with thought, ...
-
I should never have read any Bukowski Once I saw you could be a shlubby drunk and a literary icon at the same time it got re...
-
It’s been a week since I gave up smoking, more or less. The occasional bummed smoke snuck through. One while drinking. One while ...
No comments:
Post a Comment